This is the literary weblog of Jeffrey W. Hull, M.D., a pediatrician. It is intended mainly as a place to maintain a collection of poetry created for the enjoyment of a few friends and as an archive for my family. All material is protected by US copyright.

Jeffrey Hull

Friday, May 02, 2008

Leaving


© 2008 Nina Camic All rights reserved.


When all the leaves have fallen,
   And all the suns have set,
When bee is done with pollen,
   And fisher shuns his net,

When stars take off their twinkle,
   And breezes tire to blow,
When age runs out of wrinkle,
   And winter pines for snow–

Just where the blue is nearest,
   And stretch the heavens wide,
I'll wait for you, my dearest,
   With mossy time to bide.


© 2008 Jeffrey Hull

3 Comments:

It's good to be awake, yes?
I happened upon your blog site while seeking images of fear for a blog I am building.

Your poetry is splendid, Dr. Hull. If the world were full of Jeffrey Hull's, what a beautiful planet we would surely enjoy.

Thank you for brightening my day.

Kurt
Thanks very much for your kindness. Most appreciated.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts