This is the literary weblog of Jeffrey W. Hull, M.D., a pediatrician. It is intended mainly as a place to maintain a collection of poetry created for the enjoyment of a few friends and as an archive for my family. All material is protected by US copyright.

Jeffrey Hull

Friday, December 09, 2005

Ballet

The quiet pond is diamond strewn
   Like dew on midnight grass;
The breathing image of the moon
   Swims deep beneath the glass.

And high the clouds like lacy shawls
   Wrap cold celestial lights
While soundless down the moonglow falls
   In torrents from the heights.

A single pirouetting leaf
   Rides rising autumn airs,
Her lovely dance as bright as brief,
   A-tripping down the stairs.

And then the gaily twirling sprite,
   A child let out of school,
As soft as breath at last can light
   Upon the silver pool.


© 2005 Jeffrey Hull

1 Comments:

What beautiful imagery Jeff! I love the pace of the time that finishes the image. I can almost sense a brush moving slowly across a canvas. I especially respond to the materiality of the ice/water(?), the leaf, etc. I don't ordinarily pick favorites. But if I did...

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts