This is the literary weblog of Jeffrey W. Hull, M.D., a pediatrician. It is intended mainly as a place to maintain a collection of poetry created for the enjoyment of a few friends and as an archive for my family. All material is protected by US copyright.

Jeffrey Hull

Friday, December 23, 2005

Homeward

Let's go sailing, truest love,
   And sail the bluest sea;
   Wind will be my love for thee
   And wave, your love for me.

Let's go soaring, truest love,
   Where sultry breezes blow,
   Sailing over clouds below
   To lands just lovers know.

Let's go dancing, truest love,
   To music heard afar,
   Twirling o'er the swell and star
   With heaven's door ajar.

And homeward then, my truest love,
   To dream by lovers' light;
   Weave me in your heart tonight–
   Thou art my soul's delight.


© 2005 Jeffrey Hull

1 Comments:

Oh, let the winds blow! Oh, let the winds blow! I can almost hear you breathing the life and motion into this very lovely image Jeff. Very Nice!

How romantic! and...spiritual.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts