This is the literary weblog of Jeffrey W. Hull, M.D., a pediatrician. It is intended mainly as a place to maintain a collection of poetry created for the enjoyment of a few friends and as an archive for my family. All material is protected by US copyright.

Jeffrey Hull

Friday, June 16, 2006

Darkness



© 2006 Rick Lee All rights reserved.



Darkness be my pillow,
   And sorrow be my bed;
Bend me like the willow
   Then bind me to the stead.

Sing me soft of sadness,
   To fill my eyes with years;
Succor me my madness,
   And gently blot the tears.

Help me bear the birthing
   As what will be is born;
Ancient bones unearthing,
   My hair of pride be shorn:

Lift me, do not scold me;
   Please let me feel the skies–
Hold me, darling hold me,
   Once more before I rise.


© 2006 Jeffrey Hull

5 Comments:

But ... I get paid by the word.
It echoes old ballads beautifully, and it would be great set to music.
Me thinks the "Sawbones" hath developed a bad case of computese
whilst whiling and waxing profane....discoveries


221B BAKER STREET
CITY OF WESTMINISTER
LONDON
U.K.
I believe you mean, "Westminster."

Things must be especially bad at the DR message board these days. Sorry the poetry is not up to your standards.
Perhaps I can learn to spell herein......

Is it Mein Herr, or Mien Herr ?

At almost 63 I am allowed a few but,,,
I persist....NO RETIREMENT !!!

Tis terrible at the DR, I draw no
laughs,,,and Finster has all but
turned to ashes and dust.

I am not a critic of Poets,,,your
license is still in tact. Wax on...

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts